Insights into Copyrights Deciding to Build or Remodel Tips on Choosing the House Design for You
Choosing the Right Neighborhood Why Have House Plans Drawn? Helping with Specifications
Typical Building Contracts When Construction is Complete Warning Signs of a Bad Contractor
A Good Contract Should Include: Related Terms
A Good Contract Should Include:
• The contractor's name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
• A detailed description of the work to be performed. Attachments might include: house plans, specifications, plot plan, etc.
• A timetable for the construction, including approximate start and completion dates.
• The total price of the project and payment schedule.
• Detailed specifications.
• Who will obtain and pay for necessary permits and other approvals.
• Insurance provider.
• The procedure of handling change orders.
• Provisions of conflict resolution in case of a contract dispute.
• Warranties and guaranties.
• Contractor's license number.