Warning Signs of a Bad Contractor
• The contractor is not licensed and/or insured.
• He can't provide you with a list of satisfied customers.
• The contractor will only accept cash payments.
• The contractor solicits business door-to-door. (This is often accompanied by high pressure sales tactics, intimidation, and threats.)
• You can't verify the contractor's name, address, phone number or credentials.
• You are asked to buy the building permit.
• The contractor asks you to pay for the entire job up front.
• Check with the local Home Builder's Association for an approved list.